A perfect way to use up leftover cooked spaghetti – wholewheat, of course. Cooking pasta and then leaving it to cool increases levels of resistant starch – a form of fibre that acts like a prebiotic and benefits gut health.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cooking time: 10 minutes
four (eight pancakes in total)
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp milled flaxseeds
- 40g parmesan, finely grated
- 250g cooked wholewheat spaghetti (about 75g dried weight)
- Unsalted butter, for cooking
- Grilled vine-ripened tomatoes, to serve
- Mix together the eggs, flaxseeds and parmesan in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the cooked spaghetti and season.
- Heat a large frying pan over a high heat, then reduce to medium. Melt enough butter to lightly coat the base of the pan.
- Add a spoonful of the mixture, about three tablespoons per pancake, and repeat to cook two to three pancakes at a time. Cook for two minutes on each side or until set and light golden. Repeat to make about eight pancakes in total.
- Serve with grilled tomatoes on the side.